Pre-Award Grants Cycle
- Search for a funding opportunity
- Are you eligible for funding opportunity?
- Is this project feasible?
- Notify the proper people of intent to submit a proposal
- Consider key budget issues (Charging F and A costs as direct costs, cost sharing, etc.
- Determine award type (Grant, gift, contract or cooperative agreement?
- Determine proposal type (Formal vs. informal; new vs. revised?)
- Determine submission process (Electronic vs. paper, intramural vs. extramural?)
- Draft a preliminary budget (Guidelines and templates)
- Write a research plan (Guidelines on writing the proposal)
- Assemble the proposal package (Finalize the budget and sponsor forms)
- 2 weeks before sponsor deadline
- 10 business days before sponsor deadline
- 5 business days before sponsor deadline