Strategic Research Alliances (SRA) is a service of the Office of the Vice President for Research Affairs at LLUH to promote collaborative research between the educational and healthcare institutions operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church (SDA) around the world.
SRA will serve as a “One Stop Shop” for research-related services and support between LLUH and its global partners.
Mission: To further the healing and teaching ministry of Jesus Christ throughout the world.
Objectives: Awareness, Collaborative Research, Training (ACT)
Awareness: To create and increase awareness of research findings at LLUH among the Seventh-day Adventists worldwide.
Collaborative Research: To identify and engage with SDA researchers that are interested in collaborative projects with LLUH.
Training: Researchers that are interested in collaborating with LLUH need to be made aware of the research policies and practices of LLUH. The topics for training will include the following:
- Research administration and organization of the research enterprise.
- Responsible research: Human Subjects education, animal care and use, and research integrity.
- Grants management: the role of the project management office in managing global research.
- Proposal development and pre and post award processes.
- Medical Schools
- Institutions of higher education
- Healthcare institutions & systems
Grants for Research and School Partnerships International Grant
A GRASP International grant is to promote collaborative research and capacity building between LLUH faculty and professionals who have post-baccalaureate degrees and are employed by international SDA hospitals, medical centers, medical schools or universities.
Request for Applications for 2023 GRASP International Grant.
GRASP International Awardees
- Funding Resources
- Development of a budget
- Development of a research plan
- Submission of applications
- Subcontracts Proposal Timeline
- Account Establishment
- Project Management
- Manage the Finances
- Manage the Project
- Human Research Protections
- Animal Welfare Protections
- Radiation Safety
- Research Conflict of Interest
- Integrity, Storage & Retention of Research Data
- Transferring Research Data & Materials
- Research with Human Stem Cells
- Other Research Compliance Areas
- Technology Transfer
- Protecting an Invention
- Marketing an Invention