Protocol Submission Guidelines
All teaching and research involving live vertebrate animals conducted at LLUH or by LLU faculty must be reviewed and approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) in compliance with federal laws and regulations. Detailed protocols describing animal use are submitted online using iRIS software. Since IACUC meets only once a month, the application process should be initiated well in advance of the anticipated date of actual work with animals. To be scheduled for the next meeting agenda, the application must be submitted in the system by the 2nd Monday of the month at 5 p.m. LLUH IACUC meets every third Wednesday of the month.
The process to submit a protocol is as follows:
- Consult with the Attending Veterinarian (x44316) for pain categories C, D, or E.
- Complete and submit an IACUC Application Form in iRIS (https://llu.imedris.net).
- Consult the IACUC staff if there is any question or item not clearly understood.
- The application will be administratively prescreened and sent back to you if revisions are needed before it is submitted for committee review.
- Once the application is submitted it will be reviewed by the IACUC and the outcome communicated in writing.
- Protocol Submission (Application) Form
- Modification (Amendment) Form (Minor)
- Modification (Amendment) Form (Significant)
- Personnel Change Form
- Research Report (Extension Request) Form
- Animal Requisition Form (Animal Resource Center)
All forms are available on the website