Protocol Submission Guidelines
All teaching and research involving live vertebrate animals conducted at LLU or by LLU faculty must be reviewed and approved by IACUC in compliance with federal regulations. Detailed protocols describing animal use are submitted to the Research Protection Program (RPP). Since the committee meets only once a month, the application process should be initiated well in advance of the anticipated date of actual work with animals. RPP must receive the application by the 2 nd Monday of the month at 5 p.m.
The process to submit a protocol is as follows:
- Complete an IACUC Application Form.
- Consult the IACUC staff if there is any question or item not clearly understood.
- Consult with the Attending Veterinarian for pain categories C, D, or E.
- Email a draft of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org for administrative prescreening.
- Once the application is accepted for submission, obtain the signature of the Department Chairperson where the faculty appointment is held.
- Follow instructions for electronically submitting the application form.
- Protocol Submission (Application) Form
- Modification (Amendment) Form (Minor)*
- Modification (Amendment) Form (Significant)*
- Personnel Change Form*
- Research Report (Extension Request) Form
- Occupational Health Enrollment Form*
- Rodents Transfer Form*
- Animal Requisition Form*
*Not currently available online